SMS Audio A/V Pins
This page shows you how to get audio directly from the SMS A/V port. This would most commonly be used
for routing audio through the NEO Sega MKiii ROM cart, which adds FM audio to your SMS.
- First, start by completely disassembling the Sega Master System (all that's needed is a phillips head
- Next, take a standard RCA cable, strip the end and run it through the bottom plastic of the SMS system, in the
same spot the A/V connector would be. I prefer to tie the cable on the inside of the plastic, so there's no
chance of it accidentally pulling out:
- Then, flip the SMS main board over and line it up with the rear cover (detailed pic of solder points is
- Place a piece of non-conductive tape underneath the area where you'll be soldering. Then, solder the
following points on the board. Mono audio is on the left, ground is on the right:
- Re-assemble the system:
- I suggest putting a piece of non-conductive tape over the area you just soldered, to prevent it from
touching the metal shield.
- Tuck the excess audio wire underneath the metal shield plate.
- Make sure the knot is properly snugged against the case:
- All done! If you're using the Neo Sega MKiii, plug the new audio cable into the "SMS AUDIO IN" port as
- Run an RCA audio cable from the "FM AUDIO OUT" port of the Neo Sega MKiii into the audio input of your
- If you're using an RGB cable and your device doesn't have a separate audio input, you can wire the mono
audio line to both pins 2 and 6 on the SCART connector, then audio ground to pin 4:
Please click here to go back to the FM Sound page, or click
here to go to the main SMS page.